Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Comic Book Review: Star Wars #1 (Marvel Comics 2015) by Jason Aaron

It's here! Marvel is publishing a "classic" Star Wars series, featuring our favorites from the original movies! As soon as it hit the shelves today I had to scoop it up and read it.

Skywalker Strikes sees the gang visiting a weapons factory with a cover story of negotiations between the Empire and Jabba the Hutt. Of course this is anything but that as the rebels try to make a further dent in the Empire's plans.

This story is set between Episode IV and V and for those that have read the novel "Scoundrels", it would seem it is set just before Scoundrels too, as Han Solo is still in the action (or maybe just after - if anyone cares to clarify please comment below!). It has a really classic feel to it and I liked the story line a lot. Jason Aaron writes with humor too and, of course, I liked the humor between C3PO and Han Solo.

I liked this first issue, and the only downside that I see is that I have to wait another month before the second issue!!

If you like the original movies this would be a really good starting point to start reading Star Wars comics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment