Monday, December 29, 2014

Comic Book Review: Doctor Who: the Twelfth Doctor #1 by Robbie Morrison & Dave Taylor

The Doctor and Clara are jetting off to a new adventure in the first installment of this comic book series, featuring the new Doctor, as portrayed by Peter Capaldi in the new series. Clara thinks she is in for some skiing and learns that they have landed on a planet that is a hot jungle instead. With aliens lurking it looks like another mystery for the Doctor to solve. 

I like the Doctor Who comics because they are a great read while I'm waiting for the next episode. Hot off watching the Christmas special I enjoyed this short read. It sets up the world where the Doctor and Clara and the last page left me in suspense as to what is going to happen next.

I liked the snappy dialogue, and especially how the Doctor refers to his previous incarnation, #11 Doctor (i.e. Matt Smith) and the famed Fez! I'm glad I have the next two episodes already because I plan to devour this series quickly!

Published by Titan Comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment