Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Audiobook Review: The New World by Patrick Ness

I enjoy science fiction, and in the last few years I've been reading more than my fair share of YA science fiction. Beth Revis' series starting with Across the Universe was one of my favourites. I picked up The New World a couple of years ago on Audible and didn't think to listen. That was until this week, when I was waiting for a new book to come out and thought I'd listen to The New World while I wait. Well The New World blew me away and I can't believe I haven't listened before now.

The New World is a prequel and tells the story of Viola and her family, who are the landing party sent out to settle on a new world and report back. The new world isn't what Viola or her family expects.

This story was a great teaser. It made me want to race out and grab the first book in this series. I plan to listen to the rest of the series right away!! It was narrated by Angela Dawe and I liked her narration of Viola, and how she portrayed Viola's doubts about the new world.

About this Audiobook:
Written by: Patrick Ness
Narrated by: Angela Dawe
Length: 47 mins
 Series: Chaos Walking, Book 0
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:09-13-11
Publisher: Candlewick on Brilliance Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment