Monday, February 3, 2020

16. The Program by Suzanne Young

Oh boy! The Program is one tough book to swallow. At 405 pages it isn't huge in length, but the subject matter is suicide and mental illness. Given that, there were times that I was a bucket of tears at what these characters are going through. While suicide is not labelled an "epidemic" in our society, you can see the correlation between today's teens and the teens in The Program. I devoured this first book in a day, and I absolutely can't wait to read the rest of the series. The Program is my favourite read of February (so far), and I really enjoyed Suzanne Young's take on dystopian with this original storyline. Strong characters and she handles the tough subject matter perfectly. Recommended for fans of dystopian fiction, that like a suspenseful story.
Purchase from Amazon {affiliated link}

No comments:

Post a Comment